The Corona R/C is a non-profit affiliation of people in Southern California who are enthusiastic about Radio Controlled (R/C) Aircraft. Founded in 1981, the charter members of Corona R/C Club came together not just to create a social organization but also to provide an environment of rules that will insure that R/C flying continues to be one of the safest recreation activities that the general public can enjoy.
Our mission is to promote the awareness of, preservation of, advancement of, and participation in building and flying model radio controlled aircraft as a hobby. As a family oriented club, we encourage among our members a close personal acquaintance, friendly spirit of mutual cooperation and most of all, the enjoyment of flying our model aircraft.
As a club we value:
- The goals and ideals of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), maintaining a safe flying site for model aircraft.
- Securing and maintaining appropriate insurance for the club and its members through affiliation with the AMA.
- Mentoring newcomers and the youth of our community in the safe operation and enjoyment of model aircraft by providing experienced flight instructors for anyone who is interested in learning to fly their model airplane.
- We promote interest in model aviation in our community through participation at local air shows and other community events.
- We share experiences, education and information regarding model aviation through regular monthly meetings.
- Publish a monthly newsletter for club members, maintain a website for club information and club calendar of events.
- Organize and promote flying contests and other fun model related activities.